Community of Support
Increasing Diversity in Physical Therapy
The Community of Support (COS) program offers support for undergraduates or graduate students interested in pursuing a career in physical therapy and who are Black and/or Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+, financially disadvantaged, disabled, and/or self-identify with other historically marginalized social groups.
Being a member of the Community of Support will provide you with access to the following opportunities:
- Admissions information
- Support in the application process
- Access to mentors and experiences
If you are a prospective health professions student interested in physical therapy, please complete the Community of Support form
The Department of Physical Therapy MScPT Mentorship Program, Black Physiotherapy Association, and Ontario Internationally Educated Physiotherapy Bridging Program (OIEPB) Alumni Association will partner to provide mentorship opportunities.
Mentors can support interested undergraduate or graduate students in their journey to becoming physical therapists in a variety of ways. Support includes assistance with:
- Answering questions and sharing experiences
- Reviewing application packages (e.g., reference letters)
- Linking applicants with other physical therapists whose practice areas may match the student’s interests and providing exposure to the profession of physical therapy
- Informing and facilitating connections for students with any available physical therapy research opportunities
- Introducing students to relevant faculty and physical therapy students
- Helping to connect students with volunteer opportunities in health-related fields
If you are a prospective mentor, please complete the MentorCity form.