Knowledge to Action Lab YouTube channel
The overarching goals of research performed in the KTA Lab are to advance understanding of:
- How to develop, implement and sustain community exercise programs to increase exercise participation among older adults with balance and mobility limitations from stroke and other chronic conditions
- The resources and approaches that facilitate the integration of rehabilitation guidelines and best clinical practices to improve balance, mobility, and physical activity post-stroke, and
- How to develop and sustain competencies to engage in evidence-informed clinical practice among physical therapy students and clinicians.
We often use a combination of research methodologies, including qualitative research, surveys, retrospective chart reviews, scoping and systematic reviews, cluster randomized controlled trials, and multivariable statistical modeling, to achieve these goals.
KTA Lab research falls within the following themes:
- Community Exercise Programs for people with balance and mobility limitations
- Rehabilitation Tools, Guidelines and Mobile Applications to facilitate best practice
- Physical Therapy Curriculum Evaluation
Select a research theme from the side-bar menu to find out more about KTA Lab research.