Knowledge to Action Lab YouTube channel
Goal of KTA Lab Research: To optimize the mobility and health of older adults with balance and mobility limitations resulting from the effects of stroke and other chronic health conditions.
Research Aims: To advance understanding of:
- How to develop, implement and sustain community exercise programs to increase exercise participation among older adults with balance and mobility limitations from stroke and other chronic conditions
- The resources and approaches that facilitate the integration of rehabilitation guidelines and best clinical practices to improve balance, mobility, and physical activity post-stroke, and
- How to develop and sustain competencies to engage in evidence-informed clinical practice among physical therapy students and clinicians.
We use an integrated knowledge translation (iKT) approach in our research by involving knowledge users throughout the research process. We use a combination of research methods, including qualitative data collection, surveys, retrospective chart reviews, scoping and systematic reviews, (cluster) randomized controlled trials with embedded process evaluations, and multivariable statistical modeling, as appropriate, to achieve our research aims.
KTA Lab research falls within the following themes:
- Community Exercise Programs for people with balance and mobility limitations
- Rehabilitation Guidelines, Tools, and Strategies to facilitate best practice
- Physical Therapy Curriculum Evaluation
Select a research theme from the side-bar menu to find out more about KTA Lab research.