The Department of Physical Therapy Mentorship Program is dedicated to connecting graduates of the program with final year students through instructive and meaningful activities. Through nurturing relationships between mentors and mentees, students are inspired, supported, and engaged with their community. While engaging with the department and sharing their knowledge, experience and insights with final year students, graduates support students as they transition from student to Physical Therapist.
There are three main components to this program:
- Speed Mentorship Event (held in March of each year)
- Mentor-Mentee Match (held between March – January of each year)
- A University of Toronto wide mentorship recognition event hosted by the Division of University Advancement to thank mentors for their dedication to our students.
Why become a mentee?
- Explore career options after graduation
- Connect with Physical Therapists who are working in the field of interest
- Develop and work towards career oriented goals with your mentor
- Develop your professional and personal skills
- Begin to establish a network of professional contacts
Why become a mentor?
- Assist in the professional growth and development of a future Physical Therapist
- Develop your leadership skills
- Reflect on your own personal and professional development
- Give back to the community
Applications for the 2020 program are now open.
If you would like to become a MENTOR, please follow this link to register for the program.
If you would like to become a MENTEE, please follow this link to register for the program.
You can contact Sharon Gabison (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
This program is proudly sponsored by U of T affinity partner
Discover the benefits of affinity products!