Curriculum Verification for Alumni
The Department of Physical Therapy in the University of Toronto provides curriculum verification services to its graduates. Curriculum verification is an administrative process of validating a student’s completion of all courses of study offered by the Department at the time of program completion. A full documentation of curriculum verification includes an official copy of the signed and sealed documents as follows:
- Completion of a specific credentialing agency’s credentials verification form
- Program information including class schedule, contact hours and course descriptions
- Detailed course outlines or syllabi including course objectives, content, instruction strategies, evaluation criteria, and textbooks during the graduate’s time of study in the Physical Therapy program
- Other information as required by the applicant
Before you request for curriculum verification, please contact your local physical therapy regulatory agency to see if a full documentation of your credentials is required. You may be able to provide the agency with the required information yourself using our archived admission procedures and course descriptions.
The UofT PT alumni who graduated in 1998-2016 may apply for licensing directly in the United States of America as the UofT Physical Therapy program held the accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) during these years.
To apply for curriculum verification by the Department, please adhere to the following procedures:
- A written request for curriculum verification to be sent to the Department of Physical Therapy, along with the following documents.
- A statement that you authorize the Department to release your information to a third party under your instruction
- Your personal and contact information: date of birth, year of graduation, student number, mailing address, telephone number, and email address
- The forms and requirements of the credentialing agency that requires your curriculum verification; and the destination to which your documentation package to be sent
- A non-refundable processing fee: full credentialing documentation – $250 for US, $350 for International, and $550 for Australia; a single page confirmation – $50. Once you decide to proceed, contact the office for the payment method.
- Provide an electronic copy of your transcript. You may order it from the University of Toronto Transcript Centree, or On-line via ACORN/ROSI. The University of Toronto Transcript Centre is located at 100 St. George Street, Room 1006, Toronto, ON M5S 3G3, Tel: 416-978-2190; Fax: 416-978-2487; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The processing time varies depending on the types of documentation required. For a full credentialing documentation, please allow 4 – 6 weeks for processing. The process starts once your payment is received.
Note that for degree verification or acquiring a copy of diploma, please contact the UofT convocation office: https://convocation.utoronto.ca/your-diploma/certification-of-degree.
For more information, please contact:
Ningsha Zhong, PhD
Official for Curriculum Verification
Department of Physical Therapy
Faculty of Medicine, U of T
160-500 University Avenue, Room 864
Toronto, ON M5G 1V7