Curriculum Verification for Alumni
The Department of Physical Therapy at the University of Toronto provides curriculum verification services to its graduates for an administrative fee. Curriculum verification is an administrative process of validating a student’s completion of all courses of study offered by the Department at the time of program completion. A full documentation of curriculum verification may include but is not limited to the following documents:
- Completion of the specific agency’s official curriculum verification form
- Course information including contact hours in the didactic studies and clinical experiences and internships, and course descriptions of the curriculum published in the Department Calendar
- A copy of detailed course outlines or syllabi including course objectives, content, instruction strategies, evaluation criteria, and textbook list during the graduate’s time of study in the Physical Therapy program
- Other additional information on the curriculum if necessary
Before you request curriculum verification, please contact your local physical therapy regulatory agency to see if a full documentation of your credentials is required. You may be able to provide the agency with the required information yourself using our archived admissions procedures and course descriptions.
U of T PT alumni who graduated in 1998-2016 may apply for licensing directly in the United States of America as the U of T Physical Therapy program holds accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) during these years. To apply for curriculum verification, please adhere to the following procedures:
- A written request for curriculum verification to be sent to the Department of Physical Therapy, along with a non-refundable processing fee payment. A certified check or money order is required, payable to University of Toronto. Include in your written request:
- a statement that you authorize the Department of Physical Therapy to release your information to a third party under your instruction;
- your personal and contact information: year of graduation, student number, mailing address, telephone number, and email address;
- forms and requirements of the agency that requires your curriculum verification; and the destination to which your documentation package to be sent.
- Curriculum Verification Fees: for full credentialing documentation, it is $250 for US, $350 for International, and $550 for Australia; and $50 for a single page confirmation.
- Order a transcript from the University of Toronto Transcript Centree to be sent to the Professional Education Program Office, Department of Physical Therapy. Your transcript will be included in the documentation package to be sent where you want to. (You can order On-line via ACORN/ROSI or through Transcript order form – in person/regular mail/email. The University of Toronto Transcript Centre is located at 100 St. George Street, Room 1006, Toronto, ON M5S 3G3, Tel: 416-978-2190; Fax: 416-978-2487; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Processing time varies depending on the types of documentation required. For a full credentialing documentation, please allow 4 – 6 weeks for processing. The process starts once your payment is received.
For more information, please contact:
Ningsha Zhong, PhD
Official for Curriculum Verification
Department of Physical Therapy
Faculty of Medicine, U of T
160-500 University Avenue, Room 864
Toronto, ON M5G 1V7