INVITATION: A Conversation Among Black Physiotherapists in Canada and the UK, Friday, June 26
What: This is an invitation to a virtual dialogue to connect Black PTs and PT students from across Canada and the UK
Who: This dialogue is for Black PTs and Black physiotherapy students in Canada and the UK. We may organize other virtual opportunities in the future for allies interested in dismantling anti-Black racism, but this first meeting is only for Black PTs and PT students.
Why: Our goal is threefold:
- To build community and connection among Black PTs
- To make space for discussion about racism in the context of these difficult days, in a way that centres the lived experience of Black PTs and Black PT students
- To consider development of a future webinar (or series!) sharing stories and lived experiences of Black PTs as a step toward a more inclusive profession and world
When: Friday, June 26, 2020
- 9-10am PDT (e.g. Vancouver, Yukon)
- 10-11am MDT (e.g., Edmonton, Regina)
- 11am-noon CDT (e.g., Winnipeg)
- 12-1pm EDT (e.g., Toronto, Montreal)
- 1-2pm ADT (e.g., Halifax)
- 1:30-2:30pm NDT (e.g., Newfoundland)
- 5-6pm BST (e.g., London)
- If you are a Black PT or PT student looking for more information, please contact email@example.com.
- If you are not a Black PT or PT student and have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on behalf of: