Mini PT School
Mini-Physio School: Be A Physiotherapist For 6 Weeks!
Mini-Physio School will provide members of the community with an opportunity to learn about physical therapy. This unique lecture series will provide participants with basic knowledge and skills to support them in accessing and using physical therapy-related information.
A 2 hour session on important topics will be held each week from October 11 to November 15, 2016. Participants will have access to taped lectures and handouts, so there is no need to worry if you miss a session!
Dates: Tuesdays after Thanksgiving for a period of 6 weeks (October 11, 18, 25, Nov 1, 8, 15)
Time: 6:30-8:30 pm
Location: Rehabilitation Science Building, 500 University Ave, Toronto
Participants will receive:
- A guaranteed seat to Mini-Physio School every week
- Access to taped lectures and handouts
- Two presentations every night
- Nutritional break each night
- An opportunity to network
- Tour of the facility
- A Certificate of Completion
- A graduation ceremony & reception on the final day
Topics will include:
- The importance of physical activity
- Balance, resistance, and aerobic training
- Exercise and disease, including:
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Common sports injuries
- Understanding medical studies
$160/$120 for Students or Seniors
Refund for withdrawal from the course is subject to a $50.00 administration fee.