- This event has passed.
Mini Physio School
October 11, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Mini-Physio School will provide members of the community with an opportunity to learn about physical therapy. This unique lecture series will provide participants with basic knowledge and skills to support them in accessing and using physical therapy-related information.
A 2 hour session on important topics will be held each week from October 11 to November 15, 2016.
REGISTRAITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Dates: Tuesdays after Thanksgiving for a period of 6 weeks (October 11, 18, 25, Nov 1, 8, 15)
Time: 6:30-8:30 pm
Location: Rehabilitation Sciences Building, 500 University Ave, Toronto
Participants will receive:
● A guaranteed seat at Mini-Physio School every week
● Access to taped lectures and handouts
● Two presentations every night
● Nutritional break each night
● An opportunity to network
● Tour of the facility
● A Certificate of Completion
● A graduation ceremony and reception
Lecture Topics Will Include:
● The Importance of Physical Activity
● Balance, Resistance, and Aerobic Training
● Exercise and Disease, including:
» Cardiovascular Disease
●Common Sports Injuries
●Understanding Medical Studies
Registration Fees: $160/$120 for students and seniors
**Please note this event has limited capacity. Anyone who registers after capacity has been reached will be placed on a waiting list, and refunds will be issued as necessary. Registration is first come first serve based on receipt of payment, not just filling out the registration form**
Refund for withdrawal from the course is subject to a $50.00 administration fee.