International leadership in education and research in physical therapy and rehabilitation science.
- Educate future and current physical therapists
- Advance practice
- Foster leadership
- Contribute to our communities
We are improving the health of individuals through the discovery, application and exchange of knowledge.
The MScPT is a 24 month program, including 28 weeks of full-time clinical internships, plus 66 hours of clinical structure skill sessions that are integrated into the curriculum. The MScPT is a professional program that requires the completion of a four-year undergraduate degree for admission.
The purpose of the Master’s of Science in Physical Therapy is to graduate academic physical therapy practitioners who:
- Exhibit Best Practices
- -Share their knowledge with students, clients, policy makers, and other professionals in academic health science environments.
- -Possess enhanced competency in clinical skills.
- -Participate in clinical and health care research, contributing to the overall body of scientific knowledge.
- -Are cognizant of advanced technological practice.
- Embody Professionalism
- -Act as self-regulating professionals who exhibit strong personal, moral, and ethical values.
- -Recognize the changing laws, codes, and guidelines that impact physical therapy.
- -Embody entrepreneurship with sound business acumen.
- -Excel in professional practice in a wide variety of venues.
- Showcase Leadership
- -Serve as role models for students and other health professionals as expert consultants in the fields of movement and physical capacity.
- -Serve as strong players with exemplary interpersonal skills, secure in their evolving role within changing health service delivery.
- Value Citizenship
- -Act as innovative leaders in physical therapy, rehabilitation, and the health system.
- -Negotiate and advocate, proactively addressing interprofessional politics and health policy.
- -Maintain and improve the health of clients and their community.